Trustee Role Profile
- As a Trustee you will bring leadership skills, knowledge and experience, independence and objectivity of judgement. Your role includes:
- To act as an ambassador for NAT, opening doors and making introductions.
- To help shape the strategies and associated plans; to highlight issues of importance/concern that should be reflected within them; and once set, to challenge and support their delivery.
- To debate major issues affecting NAT.
- To act as a critical friend to NAT including reviewing performance against an agreed set of performance indicators.
Trustee Person Specification
A Trustee should be able to demonstrate a broad range of the following:
- an understanding of, a commitment to, and passion for, NAT, its purpose and its work
- readiness to act solely in the best interests of NAT without regard to personal interest or benefit
- ability to bring personal knowledge and experience to bear on some of NATs activities
- integrity, wisdom, good judgement and independence of mind
- a good team player
- ability and willingness to be an ambassador for NAT and to represent the Trust positively to external audiences
- ability to commit the necessary time to be an effective Trustee
- effective communication and interpersonal skills
- knowledge of the aims and purposes of NAT
- an understanding of the current and future needs and requirements of NAT
- an understanding of, and interest in, the main challenges facing NAT for 5–10 years ahead
- knowledge of and background in NATs work or related areas
- to compliment our boards skills, we are particularly interested in applicants with fundraising and/or marketing experience
For more information, including how to apply please download our Trustee Recruitment Pack 2022 .
The closing date is 1st February 2022 (11.59pm).