Role: School Guide
Location: Burgh Castle Fort
Time Commitment: Weekdays May – July & September – October
experience working with children
good mobility to get around the site
comfortable working outdoors
well organised and self-motivated
We are looking for new volunteers to join our friendly school guide team. You will meet and great schools on their arrival and take them around the site, learning and leading on a variety of activities to ensure the ultimate flexibility within the team and for the school. You will also on occasion go into schools to deliver activities.
What are we looking for?
Experience working with children
- A people person, someone who enjoys chatting with others and has good communication skills
- No previous knowledge of the site is needed, just a willingness to learn
- Good mobility to get around this rural site
- Well organised, self motivated and have good time management skills
- Able to attend school visits from May – July and September – October
What’s in it for you?
- Full training and induction
- The chance to learn more about your local history and engage the younger generation in it
- The opportunity to meet new people
- Sharing your experience and skills with a local charity to help them grow; being their advocate
- Supporting the work of the wider Norfolk Archaeological Trust, a local heritage charity
Burgh Castle Fort, Butt Lane, Burgh Castle, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 9QB
Find out more about the role and how to get involved by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator, Katie, at firstname.lastname@example.org