Role: Site Steward
Location: Burgh Castle Fort
Time Commitment: Flexible. Half a day, at least once a fortnight between June and September.
friendly and chatty
comfortable working outdoors
not afraid to be hands on as jobs will include litter picking and cleaning signage as necessary
confident in approaching visitors and advising them of policies we have in place to protect the site
You will be a real people-person who is happy to chat with visitors and answer their queries but will also have the site’s best interest at heart and be willing to approach visitors and advise them of relevant site policies, such as having permission for drones and keeping dogs on leads. You will wear a high vis vest and name badge and be our key representative on site.
What are we looking for?
- Confident and happy to approach and talk to people
- Reliable with good time management skills
- Happy working on your own
- Someone to regularly spend 3 hours on site doing a range of jobs: litter picking, answering visitor questions, checking and cleaning interpretation signage, advising visitors of relevant policies like keepings dogs on a lead, and reporting back any health and safety concerns like fallen branches
- During peak season – June to September – being on site at least once a fortnight. Days are flexible. Weekday and weekend availability needed.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a volunteer group
- The chance to gain or enhance your customer service and people skills
- Helping to maintain local sites of historic and archaeological importance
- Full training and induction
- Supporting the work of a local charity, the Norfolk Archaeological Trust
Burgh Castle Roman Fort, Burgh Castle, Great Yarmouth,Norfolk, NR31 9QB
Find out more about the role and how to get involved by contacting us at email@example.com