Role: Tour Guide
Location: Burgh Castle Fort
Time Commitment: Sunday afternoons from June – September
- Friendly and chatty
- Good mobility to get around the site
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Happy to learn about the site’s history
We are looking for new volunteers to join our friendly tour guide team. You will meet and great our visitors on their arrival and take them around the site telling them about the history, archaeology, wildlife and people associated with the Fort.
What are we looking for?
- A people person, someone who enjoys chatting with others and has good communication skills
- No previous knowledge of the site is needed, just a willingness to learn
- Able to commit to 2 tours a month from June – September. Tours are at 2:30pm on a Sunday
- Good mobility to get around this rural site
What’s in it for you?
- Full training and induction
- The chance to learn more about your local history
- The opportunity to meet new people
- Sharing your experience and skills with a local charity to help them grow; being their advocate
- Supporting the work of the wider Norfolk Archaeological Trust, a local heritage charity
Burgh Castle Fort, Butt Lane, Burgh Castle, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 9QB
Find out more about the role and how to get involved by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Volunteer Application Form