Role: Tour Guide
Location: St Benet’s Abbey
Time Commitment: Flexible
- friendly and chatty
- comfortable working outdoors
- good at remembering information
We are looking for new volunteers to join our friendly tour guide team. You will meet and greet our visitors on their arrival and take them around the site telling them about the history and people associated with the Abbey.
What are we looking for?
- A people person, someone who enjoys chatting with others and has good communication skills
- No previous knowledge of the site is needed, just a willingness to learn
- Able to commit to 2 tours a month from May – September. Tours are on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday at 2pm
- Able to organise and/or attend events to promote volunteering and tours
- Able to attend ad-hoc pre-booked tours throughout the year
- Good mobility to get around this rural site
- Someone who enjoys being outdoors
What’s in it for you?
- Full training and induction
- The chance to learn more about your local history
- The opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- Sharing your experience and skills with a local charity and being their advocate
- Supporting the work of the wider Norfolk Archaeological Trust, a local heritage charity
St Benet’s Abbey, St Benet’s Road, Ludham, nearest postcode NR29 5NU
Find out more about the role and how to get involved by contacting email@example.com or complete our Volunteer Application Form