Handy Person Role
Norfolk Archaeological Trust’s vision is to protect Norfolk’s History for people to enjoy every day. As well as providing preservation for ancient ruins our sites are also a haven for wildlife to enjoy providing food and shelter for a wide variety of wildlife and space for interesting plants and wildflowers to grow.
Our sites are open to the public and the elements, and to ensure they are cared for we are looking for people who are willing to share their DIY skills with us. This includes keeping fences and gateways presentable with a coat of outdoor paint, replacing, or repairing gate fixtures and fittings, and ensuring that the site is presentable.
What are we looking for?
- A willingness to share your Good DIY skills
- A sympathetic understanding that these ancient sites cannot just be revamped and permissions for any changes need to be sought from English Heritage etc. This takes time (even to get permission to put up a bird or bat box,) but we will provide the correct support)
- A good understanding of commitment.
What’s in it for you?
- Experience to add to your portfolio or CV
- Lots of fun and cake
- An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
- A sense of purpose and achievement.
Norfolk Archaeological Trust has 9 sites located across Norfolk. See our website for further details.
Find out more about the role and how to get involved by contacting Fran Young at firstname.lastname@example.org